Sunday 25 October 2009

Journey through past

Early morning I got inside the city hopper from Norwich International Airport to cross English Channel. As I took the first step the rush of chill made me nostalgic, how soon this city had crept up beneath my skin. I sighed and made way inside.

As I settled by the window, I recollected a familiar face on Heathrow digging cold fingers deep in black tuxedo alone for almost the first time in foreign land. The first bus journey from Heathrow to Norwich. My little Angel who helped me through my first visit. My first encounter with rabbits scurrying through grasses near my accommodation. A class of 17 with 13 nationalities, my first consultancy client, exams, public presentations, London trips late night parties, Buckingham Palace, London Underground, Everything just brushed past me as the flight took me in air to rest on the familiar face who had accompanied me to the airport!

I felt ripped apart heart and soul going to each, soul called for home and heart rested on that face. My eyesight got blurred as we crossed the English Channel. I was still gathering myself when captain announced arrival at Amsterdam.

As I got down the hopper I felt hollow, incomplete and torn!

No comments: