Saturday 26 January 2008

Culture Shock

After a week in new homeland, I made friends, brand new ones, but as always close to heart....

It was Indian Society Social, I was introduced as person from India, Mumbai; Everyone gave a very warm welcome anxious to strike conversation. Every second person I met asked "So are you in cultural shock?"

I raised the toast and shaked booty till midnight with all, while having a go at Indian food, not cooked by me (I prefer food cooked by me). When I was returning home "Cultural Shock" creeped in my mind, and I was filled with thought, what was this fuss all about, free culture-smoking, drinking, sex, lifestyle?


Is lifestyle so different back my home, I see even school children smoking openly, bars are on steep rise and government even thought about free sale of wine with soft drink, on any fine day atleast thousand couples will be snuggled ever closely on Bandstand, and live in relation is on ever rise!

And I was asked of cultural Shock!

No comments: