Thursday 10 January 2008

Journey

As I walked with my huge baggages, wearing my new black tuxedo, my hand went up to bid bye and I turned around to have a last glimpse of my beloveds I was leaving behind, tear rolled down from corner of my left eye (even our heart is on left isn't it?)!

I entered the lounge, amongst the sea of people, I settled on a chair putting my backpack by side as my eyes caught the public phone I quickly reached out to phone. Alas! I dint have a single coin in pocket, I bought juice and grabbed the public phone, dialed, dad picked I felt anchored like a ship in unknown waters.

I got inside the plane, and got on my seat, numerous flying machines passed me as the plane took off and I first time saw whats bird eye view of city I call home, tears welled up and the view blurred as my hands reached to bid bye to city I dwelled for past 26 years!


It was 7.00 am in UK and plane was hovering over the city LONDON, I peeped out and a very well planned city with numerous lights, very busy with cars and trains speeding peeped back at me with open arms welcoming me!

I gathered myself and came out of very busy Heathrow, to Central bus station, chilly wind kissed my face but lacked the warmth of my homeland, I came out and sat on the bench assimilating the new world around me!